Bonjour! Hola! Hallo! I’m back and life is good (in case you couldn’t tell from the title).
I’m a bit shocked I didn’t post in July (I honestly thought I did!!) The truth is I was feeling extremely uninspired, lazy, and unmotivated, however, today I woke up with an insane amount of energy, inspiration, and motivation!
I can’t believe it’s already August. I took summer classes in June and I’m just not ready to get back into the habit of studying yet (although I did go to a stationary store today and seeing new notebooks made me oddly excited).
Here’s a bit of a recap of life since the last blog post:
- In late June I saw my favorite band, All Time Low, with my best friend. It was my third time seeing them live and they honestly get better each time. If you haven’t heard of them listen to the album Nothing Personal first; it’s my personal favorite.
- I’m going on vacation!! I leave on Monday for a two week Europe trip and am so stoked!!
- I’ve read 7 books! I’m currently obsessed with Kasie West novels. She writes somewhat-cliche YA romance novels, but they’re so cute, witty, and addicting. Her novels are perfect for a quick and light summer read. I’ve also been reading Nice Is Just a Place in France, but it’s not as good as I had hoped it would be (aka a bit boring) so it’s been taking me a while to finish.
- I’m passing my weight-loss plateau! I’ve been struggling with losing weight the past few months and this past month I’ve managed to lose almost 10 pounds. I’ve been eating mostly clean and trying to workout at least 30 minutes a day. I’ve been following videos from Rebecca Louise on Youtube and the vids have really shown quick and noticeable results. My favorites are this arm workout and this one for obliques.
- I bought a loooot of clothes/makeup for vacay/back to school. I was thinking about making a “haul” for the blog (is that a thing or is that mainly a youtube thing lol?)
- I started using this face scrub and my skins feels so much cleaner and healthier!
- I’ve been obsessed with peppermint tea! It also suppresses my desire to eat sugary desserts so it’s been a major help to passing my weight-loss plateau. Oh yeah! I almost forgot – I’ve been looovinnngggg the strawberry infusion at Starbucks however I prefer it with white tea instead. The baristas always get confused when I ask for it but it tastes so good lol (I say lol and use parentheses a lot).
- I also bought cauliflower pizza crust from Trader Joe’s today and I’m excited to see how it tastes.
That’s all I can really think of at the moment. I feel like I needed this writing break and I feel more in touch with myself than I had been a month ago. 2017 really has been such a great year for my self-improvement (as I mention in almost every post). I can’t believe we only have four months left of the year but I’m excited to see what they have in store.
Promise to write soon,
Thanks for reading this far. Love you. xx