Happy almost-mid June!
Wow, I can’t believe we are already 6 months into 2017. So far it’s been such a blur to me. This year has been great for my self-improvement and wanderlust. I visited Vegas again, went to Canada for the first time, finally fulfilled my Gossip Girl dreams and set foot in Manhattan, and am in the works of planning another international trip. These past 6 months have felt a lot more happier than the last year had been.
In January I published my resolutions for the New Year. Since we’re halfway now, I thought it would be the perfect time to check up on them. You can find the original post right here.
- My comfort zone. I have been gradually getting out of my comfort zone but I’m no queen of spontaneity just yet. I’ve been going to a lot more parties (instead of sitting home watching Netflix) and recently I’ve been challenging myself out of my fitness comfort zone as well.
- Efficiently using time. I haven’t retired from procrastination and laziness just yet but I’m getting there! I’ve found getting out of bed is crucial to my productiveness. I’ll be more willing to be productive on the breakfast table than under my comforter. I still have occasional days where I’ll binge watch 30 Youtube videos in a row but I have been limiting how much time I spend watching Netflix or scrolling Instagram.
- Read more. I tried, I really tried to read at least one book a month. I lasted until February. However, my new goal is to read 17 books this summer and I’m already on my fourth one so don’t lose hope just yet!
- Glow!! I’m still working on this one. Makeup wise I’d like to say I’ve perfected the glow look. Physically wise I have been working out, drinking water, and eating clean and have seen a difference on my face. I’m not necessarily glowing, but hey I’m getting there! An aura of light and positivity is still a work in progress but it’s glowing a lot more brighter than it used to be!
- Stamina and flexibility. I recently just started Kayla Itsines’s Bikini Body Guide program and WOW it’s killing me. It hurts sooo good and I can already see a difference. My legs are currently sore. I’ve also been using Blogilates by Cassey Ho. Cassey uploads a completely free workout calendar every month incorporating her Youtube videos. They can get intense but they definitely work! I still haven’t taken a spin class yet but I’ll do it once Ramadan is over.
- Find what empowers me. Still trying to figure it out!
- Learn new skills. I’ve been studying French via Duolingo and have been making great progress! I’ve also been improving my cooking skills by trying out new and healthy recipes.
- Capture memories! I haven’t really been taking an extra amount of pictures recently, but I took a lot of pictures during my trips this past year! However, I have been living in the moment a lot more and it’s been great.
- Write more. I wrote a lot for the blog in May, however, I think this may be my first June post (oops). I needed a little recharging break for a little bit but here I am back at it! I hope to have at least two blog posts a week and am thinking about a blog makeover. Also, I have barely written in my personal journal this year and am gonna go figure out where I last left it right after I publish this post!
Overall, I’ve been very pleased with the past 6 months. Of course, I have some regrets but nothing major. I think/hope the the other half of this year will be a good one too.
Happy half-New Year!