“Someone once said; ‘It’s the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me? I just wanna live a life I’m gonna remember. Even if I don’t write it down.” – Brooke Davis
Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill is one of my favorite badass women on television. I admire her confidence, compassion, and determination. She knows who she is and never lets anyone get in her way. She also has one of the most inspiring character growths I’ve ever seen on a teen drama. Within the 9(!!) seasons worth of drama from One Tree Hill, B. Davis expressed many words which made a difference in my life. Here are just some of them:
- “I stopped letting boys define me and I started believing in myself.”
- “And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be… or lose that person completely.”
- “Girls just want someone who wants them back, At least that’s what I want.”
- “People always leave but sometimes they come back.”
- “So you’re probably looking at this and making fun of my outfit, right? Anyway here’s all you really need to know about today; if… you’re fat, dumb, sexual and a guy, you’re OK. If you’re a girl, not so much. Please tell me that’s changed in the future. & somebody please tell me you’ve got love figured out, because I got news for you; it’s pretty darn messy right now. But I guess it has always been that way. Wanting to be loved, to find somebody that makes your heart ache in a good way… feel understood. So… if you’re robots, or aliens, or something and you’re watching this right now and that feeling no longer exists; well…you missed it…and I feel sorry for you. ‘Cuz as far as I can tell, that’s what it’s all about. And that’s what I know it should be about”
- “You know, in New York, I had everything I thought I wanted–money, celebrity, success–but you know what I didn’t have? Sunrise with my best friend.”
- “Life kicks you around sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up, but there’s a day when you realize that you’re not just a survivor, you’re a warrior.”
- “Clothes over bros.”
- “It sucks always being the footnote in someone else’s story”
- Fall in love, invite me to the wedding and sit me next to a really hot guy.
- She said your chances are one in a million. And I said maybe I’m that one, and she said you’re not. And she was wrong. And whatever she thought she saw in me, was wrong. Because I am one in a million.
One Tree Hill may be over, but B. Davis lives in my heart forever.
Time to go rewatch!
xx – k.s.